The Trip to this Point

5/4/2010

Europe is different, simply put. Far different politics, prices, and culture. They tend to fall to the left of where I find myself, which tends to be a very Libertarian stance. While in Amsterdam there was a Communist Rally, which is something I chose to avoid. The price of everything here is ridiculously expensive. The culture here is also laid back on not necessarily consumer friendly. While in restaurants the waiters sit around and do not serve, and are only at the table for the orders and the delivering of food. Other than the differences though, it has been a great trip. I have learned a lot about the history of the low countries and examined many of the fine pieces of art and architecture that they have to offer. Though I would never in my life live in a place like this, it is definitely a place I would like to visit again someday.


Posted at 5:45 PM by Lance Smith